- Position: Head of Energy (Oil & Gas – upstream/downstream), Doha – Qatar
Salary: QAR 25,000 – 30,000 / per month
Department: General Insurance
Start Date: Asap
Experience: 8 – 12 Years of relevant experience
Number of Positions: 1
Nationality: Any (Bilingual)
Age: 30 to 45
Link to apply: https://bit.ly/SN-JobApplication
HEAD OF ENERGY – SUMMARY OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an experienced Energy Underwriter to Head the Energy line of business. Head of Energy will report to Underwriting Manager – General Insurance. Energy forms the integral part of General Insurance portfolio. The Head of Energy will have the responsibility for a broad portfolio comprising of upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, petrochemicals and power risks, managing and expanding the portfolio and team. Our client base includes national oil companies, international oil companies, operators, drilling contractors and other service providers to the Energy and Power sector. Coverage offered is Operational Package, Property Damage, Business Interruption, OEE, TPL, Construction (Offshore & Onshore) etc.
HEAD OF ENERGY WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
• Lead the Energy Underwriting unit
• Establish Energy division’s Underwriting policies and procedures based on the company’s business plan and objectives.
• Actively Underwrite energy portfolio and manage & oversee the Energy insurance underwriting philosophy
• Promote, maintain and develop an Energy book of business in a profitable manner
• Expand local and international energy book of business
• Provide strategic direction, underwriting control and action for Energy portfolio
• Provide financial plan and forecast, management information, coordination with claims and reinsurance functions and other departments within the company, meet performance standards etc.
• Actively underwrite Review new and renewal submissions, endorsements, policy wordings, risk engineering reports, loss history, financial reports as well as conduct appropriate research to determine extent of participation on each account
• Calculate appropriate risk premium
• Drive day to day underwriting function, manage emerging risks through underwriting measures, driving and contributing to the development & implementation of appropriate policy wordings, clauses and exclusions.
• Drive financial planning and forecasting process
• Monitor risk exposures with limits outlined in policies and procedures
• Develop and adapt the underwriting philosophy and portfolio strategy to achieve profitable underwriting results
• Provide timely and highest standards of advice, assistance, response, service to enquiries from clients/brokers
• Drive key broker and client relations, Promote account retention.
• Initiate and manage opportunities for cross selling.
• Proven capability of underwriting in energy classes of business
• Technical knowledge of both Energy insurance products and energy insurance industry
• Be able to work independently and in a team
• Adhere to Underwriting guidelines and company policies and procedures
• Advanced analytical skills, negotiating and marketing capabilities
• Budget and Financial planning and reporting
• Team management
• Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, preferably in engineering
• A Diploma or master’s degree in risk & Insurance Management is a plus.
• Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII) from Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) is a must
• 8 to 10 years’ experience in the insurance business with at least 3 years in the supervisory level in an energy, oil/gas and petrochemical environment
• Energy industry knowledge (working in Oil & Gas – Power Gen – Utilities – Renewables – Mining Industry)
• Strong understanding of basic sales principles, and negotiation skills and demonstrate a competitive drive
• Fluency in English & Arabic (reading, write and communicating) as must